We are looking to hire experienced individuals. So if you think you have credentials for a job with us, please contact us via phone to set up a possible interview.
CURRENT POSITION OPENINGS:
Field Service Technician
We have an immediate opening for a full-time automatic door field service technician. An ideal candidate enjoys working with their hands as well as building customer relationships. This position presents an opportunity to perform a public service while making money by installing and servicing the automatic door equipment used to promote accessibility.
A typical day begins at our shop where technicians restock service vehicles and daily service calls are dispatched. Technicians then travel to 4-6 customer locations within our service area where they troubleshoot, diagnose, and make repairs. This involves selling parts and filling out paperwork to document the work being performed and may include answering questions, providing technical support, or handling customer complaints. Additional calls along a route may be added if they come in. A day ends by driving directly home from your last call.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED:
- No experience necessary in the automatic door field – we will train the right candidate.
- General mechanical and basic electrical knowledge are expected.
- Previous hands-on maintenance or mechanics is a plus.
- Basic skills with hand and power tools.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose malfunctioning parts. Replacing worn out gearboxes, motors, controls, rollers and bearings, tracks and guides.
- Physical demands include lifting and moving heavy objects up to 100 lbs.; work on ladders; sitting to drive for extended periods up to six consecutive hours; standing, kneeling, or crouching on concrete; and working outdoors in all types of weather.
- Follow established company directed policies pertaining to service reporting, maintaining truck inventory, customer communications, and other detailed company procedures.
- Clearly documenting service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Ability to build rapport with customers, handle complaints, and provide solutions and support to meet customer demands.
- Communication skills and ability to work independently as well as with co-workers to complete time-sensitive projects.
- Technicians are required to supply their own hand and power tools. Specialty equipment will be supplied by the company when required for a specific job.